Previously, I was a Master’s student in the EM LCT programme in Computational Linguistics at Charles University in Prague and the University of Groningen. In my Master thesis, I worked on robust dependency parsing of noisy content with Gertjan van Noord and Dan Zeman.
During my undergraduate studies at Freie Universität Berlin, I worked in the META-NET project at the German Research Center for Artifical Intelligence.
Within the area of Natural Language Processing, my research interests are in Machine Translation, Entity Linking and Dependency Parsing.
Software and data
- Semantic analogy-based compound splitter: An unsupervised compound splitter based on the regularities in the vector space of word embeddings.
- The Denoised Web Treebank: Dependency treebank for evaluation of parser robustness.
- FilmTit: Translation memory application for movie subtitles.
- DBpedia Spotlight: I created an efficient and more accurate version of the multilingual entity linking system DBpedia Spotlight.
- Raw Spotlight data: Raw counts for entity linking in many languages.
- Natural Language Processing 1
Prof Ivan Titov. Fall 2015, Fall 2014.
- Natural Language Processing 2
Prof Khalil Sima’an. Spring 2016, Spring 2015, Spring 2014.
- Summer 2015: Profile Project AI-NLP
with Dr. Stella Frank
- International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (IJCIS)
- NAACL 2016 Workshop on Discontinuous Structures in NLP
- 12 Jan 2015 ~ Travel: Vietnam 2014
- 22 Nov 2014 ~ Poem: Ithaka by Constantine P. Cavafy
- 21 Nov 2014 ~ Poem: Still I Rise by Maya Angelou